August 23, 2020 | Resources | Discussion
We Believe in the Local Church
Life Group Discussion Guide for
August 23, 2020
- What movie sequels do you think are better than the originals?
- Read Luke 1:1-4, and Acts 1:1-11. What are some similarities between these two introductions? What new themes do you see arriving with the book of Acts?
- Re-read Acts 1:8. What does it mean to be a witness of Jesus? What’s the difference between witnessing the good news, and merely reporting it?
- What role do you see the organized local church playing in the spread of the Gospel?
- Name some ways that you can partner with your local church to embody the good news of the Kingdom in the next month.
- Spend time in prayer together, committing to be witnesses of the Gospel together. Pray for a spirit of unity and cooperation as the local church.