April 24, 2019 | Resources | Discussion
The King has One Week to Live
Part 8 - The King Jesus Surprise
Life Group Discussion Guide for
April 21, 2019
- What is your favorite book or movie series?
- Read Mark 16:1-8. What stands out to you most from this passage?
- Mark notes that those who saw the empty tomb left amazed and afraid. What might have led to those reactions? What are your own reactions to the resurrection of Christ? What are your own reactions to the hope of resurrection that we have in the future?
- We are currently part of a great story, from Creation to Crisis to Covenant to Conversation to Christ to Church that we know will ultimately lead us to the Coming Consummation. What impact does this great story have on your own story?
- Barbara Brown Taylor, in her book Learning to Walk in the Dark notes that new life always begins in the dark, “...new life starts in the dark. Whether it is a seed in the ground, a baby in the womb, or Jesus in the tomb, it starts in the dark.” Have you seen new life out of the dark places of your life? If so, share an example with your group.
- Spend time together in prayer thanking God for defeating the powers of sin and darkness in the world through love and self-sacrifice. Pray that we would be willing to pick up our own crosses and follow Jesus, knowing that new life and resurrection have been promised to us.