August 18, 2019 | Resources | Discussion
The Heart of Worship
Life Group Discussion Guide for
August 18, 2019
- What happened this week that gave you the most joy, most excitement, most passion? How did you react?
- Have you ever gotten caught in the trap of trying to “do” Sunday morning right? What things about worship can overshadow the real purpose of worship for you?
- Read Philippians 2:9-11. What is the relationship between our posture and the identity of Jesus? What does our posture say about our understanding of Jesus?
- Do you typically raise your hands in worship? Why or why not?
- What does it mean when someone raises their hands in worship?
- Read Psalm 67:1-3. What should our response be to God’s saving power? How can we praise God beyond singing songs?
- Pray for courage to let hindrances to our worship fall away so that our hearts can fully praise the Creator.