April 09, 2023 | Resources | Discussion | Adult by James B. Angus, Jr.
Life Group Questions
Easter Sermon: Victory is Forever
Romans 8:18-23; 28-39
April 9, 2023
- Discuss the cultural setting of the Roman empire in early 1st Century.
- Do you think Phoebe’s role as an early church leader in Rome would be problematic in today’s society? Discuss why or why not.
- Discuss the heaviness of the holy week, the progression from the Passover meal to the Garden of Gethsemane, the cross, silent Saturday, and to the Resurrection.
- How do you understand Paul’s line in Romans 8:18-23 when he speaks of the groaning of creation?
- Prayer: This year Easter is especially heavy with all of the things that have occurred in recent weeks. God, we groan with the anticipation of so many things right now. We await your justice to put all things right again, and make all things new. We long for the fullness of the new creation. We long for the days of war, hostility, hatred, racism, sexism, discrimination, and exclusion to all be extinct. God speed the day we are all what you want us to be and Jesus come quickly! Amen.