September 10, 2023 | Resources | Discussion | Adult by James B. Angus, Jr.
Lesson 6: Jesus Loves His Friends pt. 2
September 10, 2023
- What are some practical ways believers can "abide" in Christ, as mentioned in John 15:4-5, and how does this impact our spiritual growth and effectiveness as Christians?
- The concept of "bearing fruit" is emphasized in John 15. What does it mean for a Christian to bear fruit, and what are some examples of spiritual fruitfulness in the life of a believer?
- Jesus mentions that those who do not bear fruit will be "cut off" from the vine. What is the significance of this warning, and how can we ensure that we remain fruitful in our Christian walk?
- In John 15:12-17, Jesus commands His disciples to love one another as He has loved them. How can we practically demonstrate this sacrificial love within the Christian community and beyond?
- The world's hostility toward believers is a recurring theme in John's Gospel. How does John 15:18-25 address the issue of the world's opposition to Christ's followers, and how should Christians respond to persecution?