August 13, 2023 | Resources | Discussion | Adult by James B. Angus, Jr.
Lesson 2: Jesus Loves Love
August 13, 2023
- In your personal life, how do you strive to live out the greatest commandment as described in Matthew 22:36-40? What challenges do you face in doing so, and what strategies do you employ to overcome them?
- What does it mean to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind? How can we cultivate a deeper love for God, and how might this love transform our relationship with Him and our understanding of faith?
- In Matthew 22:42, Jesus asks the Pharisees about their understanding of the Messiah, posing the question, "What do you think about Christ? Whose son is he?" How did the Pharisees respond, and what does their response reveal about their expectations of the Messiah? How does Jesus' identity challenge conventional beliefs about the Messiah?
- In this verse, Jesus is referred to as the Son of David, a title associated with the Messianic lineage. Additionally, throughout the New Testament, Jesus is identified as the Son of God. How do these two aspects of Jesus' identity, as the Son of David and the Son of God, complement and enrich our understanding of His role as the Messiah?
- The Pharisees' response to Jesus' question and Jesus' subsequent explanation carry significant theological implications. How does Jesus' response deepen our understanding of His divinity and the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies in Him? How does this revelation impact our faith and relationship with Jesus as Christians?