October 29, 2023 | Resources | Discussion | Adult by James B. Angus, Jr.
Lesson 13: Love Put Jesus on the Cross Pt. 2
(The Last Scapegoat John 19-20; Luke 22-23)
October 29, 2023
- How does the presence of Mary, Jesus' mother, at the foot of the cross in John 19 emphasize the emotional and relational aspects of Jesus' crucifixion?
- John 19 introduces Joseph of Arimathea, who provides his own tomb for Jesus' burial. How does Joseph's action demonstrate the role of unlikely individuals in fulfilling God's plan?
- Judas' betrayal of Jesus is a central event in these chapters. How does Luke's portrayal of Judas's actions raise questions about personal responsibility, free will, and divine foreknowledge?
- Luke 24 narrates the resurrection of Jesus. How does the discovery of the empty tomb by the women, followed by the encounters with the risen Jesus, shape the foundation of the Christian faith?
- Both passages contain elements that fulfill Old Testament prophecies and symbolism. How do these connections deepen our understanding of Jesus' role as the Messiah and the continuity between the Old and New Testaments?