July 23, 2023 | Resources | Discussion | Adult by James B. Angus, Jr.
THE LETTER OF JAMES PART 8
What Is Your Life?
July 23, 2023
Otter Creek Church
- In James 4:1-13, what does James mean by asking, "What causes fights and quarrels among you?" How does this relate to our human nature and our relationship with God?
- James encourages his readers to submit themselves to God and resist the devil. What practical steps can we take to actively resist the devil and draw near to God in our daily lives?
- According to James 4:4, friendship with the world is enmity with God. How can we navigate the tension between living in the world while maintaining a devoted relationship with God? What are some potential pitfalls we should be aware of?
- James emphasizes the importance of humility and warns against pride. How does pride hinder our relationship with God and create conflicts in our interactions with others? How can we cultivate humility in our lives?
- In James 4:13-17, James addresses the issue of boasting about future plans. What is the danger in presuming upon the future without considering God's will? How can we balance our aspirations and goals with a humble recognition of God's sovereignty and guidance in our lives?