October 09, 2022 | Resources | Discussion | Adult by James B. Angus, Jr.
Life Group Discussion Questions
Oct 09, 2022
- How have you encountered Sloth in your walk with Christ?
- Acedia has been variously defined as a state of listlessness or torpor, of not caring or not being concerned with one's position or condition in the world. Discuss your spiritual practices that you use to avoid acedia/sloth.
- Sloth opposes the great Christian virtue of diligence, that powerful sense of responsibility, dedication to hard work, and conscientious completion of our God-given duties. Hard work and dedication at its best is expressed as love and devotion. How do you see sloth interrupting this work?
- Discuss things you have now realized are slothful and discuss anti-sloth practices.
- Prayer: “Dear Lord, thank you for your love for us, even when we have been, at times, too complacent to receive your grace and mercy. We pray you search our hearts and remove any slothful presence and lead us in your eternal ways. Amen.”