July 21, 2019 | Resources | Discussion
Letting Go of Fear
Life Group Discussion Guide for
July 21, 2019
- What are you learning about the fears in your life during this series?
- Describe a time you felt anxious about not having control of a situation.
- Read Luke 24:13-24. What things have you hoped for that didn’t come to pass? What are your hopes right now?
- How does hope affect us for the better and for the worse? What can we do to balance our hopes with our expectations?
- Read Luke 24:25-25. While his disciples are kept in the dark, why do you think Jesus turns to scripture?
- What is the significance of the shared meal? Why do you think they recognized him in the breaking of the bread?
- Spend time in prayer together to:
- name and release your fears
- fully embrace your hopes
- and ask for eyes to see Jesus.