May 12, 2019 | Resources | Discussion
Join the Resistance (the Book of Daniel) Part 1
By the Waters of Babylon We Wept
Life Group Discussion Guide for
May 12, 2019
- What is the most impressive city you have ever visited or lived in? What was remarkable about it?
- Read Daniel 1:1-7. How would you have reacted if you . were the one called to the King’s court to educated in the ways of your exile country and then slated to serve in the King’s service? What do we learn about Daniel and his friends from their reaction?
- Read Daniel 1:8-16. How does Daniel’s quiet resistance subvert the King’s power? Why do you think Daniel chose this action instead of fighting or resisting in a more public manner?
- Read Daniel 1:17-21. How is God at work through Daniel and his friends despite their exile?
- In what ways can we be blessed in knowledge and understanding through our own culture? Does God still bless people through the ways of contemporary culture?
- In what ways can we subvert our current culture in order to remain faithful to God and quietly proclaim what abundant life looks like? How are you living in some of those ways?
- Conclude your time in prayer. Ask God to give us courage to live like Daniel.