September 20, 2020 | Resources | Discussion
Life Group Discussion Guide for
September 20, 2020
- Would you rather travel back in time to meet your ancestors, or forward to meet your descendants?
- Read 2 Samuel 11:1-13. What words or phrases stand out to you and why? What do you perceive Bathsheba’s role to be in this story?
- Read 2 Samuel 12:1-9. Through Nathan’s prophetic parable, who does God hold responsible for these events? Why?
- Spend some time discussing our culture’s recent heightened awareness of violence and injustices towards women. Has your own view on this issue grown or changed in recent years?
- What lessons can we bring to our modern experience from this dark chapter in David’s life?
- Close in prayer, praying that we as Christians would be like God as we take the side of the oppressed and abused. Pray for God’s justice to be accomplished in the world.