September 13, 2020 | Resources | Discussion
Life Group Discussion Guide for
September 13, 2020
- In literature, a tragedy is “a story in which a hero is brought down by his or her own flaws.” Make a list of stories you know that fit this description. Which ones have had the most impact on you, and why?
- Read 1 Sam 16:1-13. Why do you think God chose David?
- 1 Samuel, 2nd Samuel, and 1 Kings 1-2 tell the full story of David’s rise and fall as King of Israel. List some of the highlight stories/moments from David’s life. Then list some of his worst moments (ex: Uriah and Bathsheba). What do you think were David’s tragic flaws?
- David’s troubled legacy eventually led to redemption for all, through his ancestry of Jesus. What does this tell us about God?
- Spend time in prayer together, asking that David’s life might provide us with wisdom for our own lives. Express gratitude for God’s grace, forgiveness, and redemption.