December 06, 2020 | Resources | Discussion
Life Group Discussion Guide for
December 6, 2020
- What is your favorite Christmas tradition? In this unusual year, what changes might you be making to your traditions?
- How would you describe someone who is a “bully”? What makes a bully distinct from a villain?
- Read Luke 2, taking special note of Herod’s involvement in the story. What stands out to you? What do Herod’s actions tell you about him?
- Does our practice of Christianity threaten the bullies among us? Why or why not?
- As individuals and as a church, do we tolerate, empower, or expose bullies?
- Have you ever used your influence and power to bully someone else into a decision that dehumanized them?
- Close in prayer, expressing trust that the bullies in our world are ultimately on borrowed time and that God’s peace and justice will come to the world.