August 30, 2020 | Resources | Discussion
We Believe in Our Mission
Life Group Discussion Guide for
August 30, 2020
Begin your time together with a prayer that the following questions would convict us where conviction is necessary. As you share the questions, group members may respond as they feel called, or simply reflect in silence.
- Have you spent intentional time in worship, prayer, scripture, or spiritual reading this week?
- Have you had any inappropriate conversations or lustful attitudes? Have you viewed any explicit material that does not honor or glorify God? How are your boundaries?
- Have you been completely above reproach in your financial dealings? With the church? With your work? With your lenders? With friends?
- Have you given your whole self to your work, family, friends, and church?
- Have you told any half-truths or outright lies?
- Have you intentionally talked to anyone about Jesus this week? Have you intentionally served anyone in the name/likeness of Jesus?
- Have you taken care of yourself (physically and emotionally) with exercise, intentional eating, sleep, therapy, confidant, mentors, or spiritual director?
- Have you allowed any person or circumstance to rob you of your joy?
- Have you lied in any of the previous questions?
- Do you commit to following The Way of Jesus with the grace of God and help of the Spirit (daily)?