July 19, 2020 | Resources | Discussion
We Believe in the Holy Spirit
Life Group Discussion Guide for
July 19, 2020
- Have you ever had an unexplained feeling or experience that you attribute to the Holy Spirit? What happened?
- How would you explain the concept of the Trinity to someone who had never heard of it?
- What did you grow up believing about the Holy Spirit? What personal experiences have shaped your impression of it?
- Read Luke 3:21-22, John 3:1-8, and John 16:7 together. What stands out to you about these passages, and what observations can you make about the Holy Spirit?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 together. Take time as a group to name the spiritual gifts you have each received in your life of faith. We encourage everyone to take the spiritual gifts assessment located on the OC website: http://ottercreek.org/start-here/find-your-passion/
- Spend time in prayer together, thanking God for the gift of the Holy Spirit and asking that we would be led by the Spirit to use our gifts for God’s glory.